Saturday, May 20, 2006

Meek digitalised

hey hey,

A new Matmos ode to Joe Meek; a glitchy, riff-tastic and orchestral one that is :)
(from The Rose has Teeth in the Mouth, Matador 2006)
Matmos - Solo Buttons for Joe Meek

Also I have been lured into the dense sticky web of Pascal Comelade, the Catalonian-French composer who mashes classical compositions with odd jazz and improv sounds. He's like an avant-garde Yann Tiersen, but more subtle and less drama. He did some stuff in the past with Robert Wyatt, Pierre Bastien and Jaki Liebezeit which you should really check out.
Here a track of Scénes de Musique Ralentie, released in 1984 as a cassette! I fucking adore this grainy compositon! more please.
Pascal Comelade - Scenes de Musique Ralentie, track 2

quick update: actually, the track is called 'Instant au Bord de la Mer' and was also featured on the Détail Monochrome album.
here's the *cleaner* version, choose which one you like more
Pascal Comelade - Instant au bord de la mer

Marco, funny you must mention that 20 Jazz*** blog as I stumbled upon this very same blog a couple o' monhs ago. Good diverse stuff there indeed! hmm, perhaps I'll submit a list of blogs-to-keep-tabs-on. I really should write more on a weekly basis, since my zines are always full of time lapses and blackholes. At some stage I will also do a small Soundtransit.nl writeup here that some Apaite asked in ancient times begone. communication out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Starsailor said...

hi, I was wondering if you happened to have the whole "SCènes de musique ralentie" tape, and if yes, could you share it ? 100 only were issued, it's so hard to find !
You can check my blog for Comelade rarities, I'll post more in the summer !
thanks !
puzzledoyster.blogspot.com