Sunday, March 18, 2007

Krautrock #19: Cluster - Cluster '71

15:33 Yup that’s the track name. If I said that Cluster (and the earlier Kluster to be found later in the list) pre-dated Industrial Music buy a goodly number of years- I hope I’m not putting people off. You might also mention mad Mr. L. Russolo and his “intonarumori “ noise making machines. Although the guitars can occasionally be heard in the mix it’s the fog of electronic noise a disorientating swirl that really grabs you. It’s not in anyway threatening like alpha-male posturing of far too much industrial music.
This is the more Kosmiche musik side of the Krautrock Coin (the other is more prog meets R ‘n’ B) and is where I got on the bus and where I’m happiest most of the time. Makes sense if my point of entry was Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk and Klaus Schulze.
15:33
feel the everlovin' power of the mighty 320
djh

No comments: