Monday, April 17, 2006

Flac to audio

Dear Peoploids,
I was wondering what folks use to convert flac files to regular audio. They're easy enough to play on the PC through winamp or whatever but increasingly I'm getting stuff that I wanna share or play on the moldy old hi-fi (remember them?) I've half paid attention to folks over on Eurotraders so many times but d/ling a liberated Japanese boot of Velvet Underground Sister Ray recordings has upped the ante somewhat. I'm using windows XP and I'm looking for something an ex-pat Lancastrian can understand.
All help gratefully received etc.

2 comments:

marco said...

I could bang on about the Mac quivalent, but more usefully I suggest you go to Google and type in "Flac convert PC freeware". That seemed to produce a great swathe of useful utilities for doing just this.

djh said...

Nah, I know I can Google,I have. I even know a couple of supposedly reputable progs but I was wondering about the personal experience of my fellow Frankies. I realise that being a left hander* you wouldn't be able to help as such, but thanks for the response alla same!
djh

* That's mac user just in case anyone was wondering.